Project BIM Specialist
Veitas & Veitas Engineers, a top engineering firm in Massachusetts that primarily designs new buildings and modifications to existing buildings, is looking for entry level or experienced full-time structural modeler/drafter. We seek a qualified applicant for a full-time entry level to intermediate level modeler/drafter. Compensation based on qualifications and experience.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Produce accurate and error free models and drawings
- Maintain familiarity with architectural drawings and other consultant’s drawings
- Coordinate changes between architectural and structural models and drawings
- Coordinate specialty details/conditions with the Project Engineer
- Keep BIM Director and Project Executive informed of drawing status and ability to meet workload
- Budget time and observe office reports about project status and deadlines. Inform project scheduler of changes that affect internal and external deadlines
- Review work, check markups and return completed markups to Engineer for review
- Follow office standards for all processes and deliverables
- Provide modeling and drafting support to department engineers
- Perform drawing checks and update drawings for revised submittals to clients and consultants
- Ability to work effectively with department management and other co-workers
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients via e-mail and phone
- Ability to be trained in a short period of time
- Ability to visualize parts in 3D without the aid of the computer
- Ability to multi-task from project to project
- Must have attention to detail, be well organized, and able to manage tight deadlines
- Must be able to demonstrate working knowledge of AutoCAD and Revit
- An associate degree in drafting, or a high school diploma and 1 or more years drafting course work or equivalent technical experience
- Advanced Revit training or experience
- Experience in the structural/civil discipline
- Ability to read and understand architectural and structural drawings
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principals involved in production of technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models
- Knowledge of the practical application of engineering and building construction
- Interested candidates must have prior experience with drafting in the building industry
- Prior project management experience a plus
- Interest in pursuing BIM as a career
Veitas & Veitas Engineers has built a legacy of providing reliable, value-oriented structural engineering since its founding in 1964.
We are adaptable, innovative and forward thinking. We are the structural engineering experts in multi-family residential construction in the Northeast. We’ve tackled projects from large-scale housing developments, retail centers, hospitals to complex manufacturing facilities, parking garages and wastewater treatment plants. Our clients rely on us for proven structural solutions that bridge the gap between creative, practical, innovative and cost-effective.
Our most valuable structural system we design is our internal team. We hire individuals that want to spearhead structural innovation solutions and understand how today’s environments must function from design inception through construction. Collectively, we value streamline design with clear and comprehensive communication within our team and to our clients. We want personal success to create collective Veitas & Veitas success. The smart structural decisions our team makes can transform any project and we have proven consistently that we deliver structural solutions that are efficient to build and sustainable to operate.